At a glance
When to renew
You can apply to renew an Employment Pass up to 6 months before the pass expires. You must apply before the expiry date. Check when you can start renewing.
For Employment Pass (sponsorship): you can start applying to renew when you get the renewal forms by post, 3 months before the pass expires. Your application need to reach us at least 2 months before the pass expires.
Who can renew
Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
Duration of renewed pass
Up to 3 years. The duration of the renewed pass is not affected by the length of validity of your passport.
How much it costs
How long it takes
Renew using EP Online: within 3 weeks for most cases.
Renew by post (for EP sponsorship cases only): within 8 weeks for most cases.
- Renewals are not guaranteed. Applications will be evaluated against current eligibility criteria.
- Remember to apply for renewal early. Renewing early does not mean that you'll lose the remaining days in your current pass. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
- If you miss the deadline, you need to apply for a new pass.
- You’ll have to apply for renewal using the renewal forms for Employment Pass (sponsorship) holders.
How to renew
Log in to EP Online to apply for renewal.
For EP (Sponsorship)
To renew EP (sponsorship):
- Complete the renewal form.
- Gather all supporting documents mentioned in the form.
- Post the completed form and supporting documents to:
Work Pass Division
Ministry of Manpower
18 Havelock Road
- The outcome letter will be posted back to you.
When you can renew
You can apply to renew 6 months (180 days) before the pass expires.
Enter the pass expiry date to check when you can start renewing.
If your renewal is successful, you will get an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter. It is valid for 3 months.
You must get the pass issued before the IPA or current pass expires, whichever occurs first. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.