You can apply to renew an Employment Pass if you want the pass holder to continue working for you.
- For pass holders who are currently on Stay-Home Notice or Quarantine Order and cannot do their medical examinations, you can request for time to get the renewed pass issued. You can also submit this request if your pass holders are waiting for a new passport.
- For pass holders who are unable to return to Singapore to have their passes renewed, please cancel the passes and re-apply for them when the COVID-19 situation has stabilised.
At a glance
When to renew
You can apply to renew an Employment Pass up to 6 months before the pass expires. You must apply before the expiry date. Check when you can start renewing.
For Employment Pass (sponsorship): you can start applying to renew when you get the renewal forms by post, 3 months before the pass expires. Your application need to reach us at least 2 months before the pass expires.
Who can renew
Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
Duration of renewed pass
Up to 3 years. The duration of the renewed pass is not affected by the length of validity of your passport.
How much it costs
How long it takes
Renew using EP Online: within 3 weeks for most cases.
Renew by post (for EP sponsorship cases only): within 8 weeks for most cases.
- Renewals are not guaranteed. Applications will be evaluated against current eligibility criteria.
- Remember to apply for renewal early. Renewing early does not mean that you'll lose the remaining days in your current pass. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
- If you miss the deadline, you need to apply for a new pass.
- You’ll have to apply for renewal using the renewal forms for Employment Pass (sponsorship) holders.
How to renew
Log in to EP Online to apply for renewal.
For EP (Sponsorship)
To renew EP (sponsorship):
- Complete the renewal form.
- Gather all supporting documents mentioned in the form.
- Post the completed form and supporting documents to:
Work Pass Division
Ministry of Manpower
18 Havelock Road
- The outcome will be emailed to the contact person indicated in the application.
When you can renew
You can apply to renew 6 months (180 days) before the pass expires.
Enter the pass expiry date to check when you can start renewing.
If your renewal is successful, you:
- Will get an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter. It is valid for 3 months.
- Must follow the instructions in the IPA to get the pass issued.
You must get the pass issued before the IPA or current pass expires, whichever occurs first. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
After the pass is issued
After the pass is issued, check the notification letter to see:
|If the notification letter states
||The existing card
|Getting a new card.
||Must be cut in half and discarded to prevent misuse.
|Continue using the existing card.
Must be kept by the pass holder.
Note: If you return it when you don’t need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.