Skip to main content

Renew an Employment Pass

You can apply to renew an Employment Pass (EP) if you want the pass holder to continue working for you. If the EP is expiring from 1 September 2024, they will need to pass the COMPASS requirements.

At a glance

When to renew

You can apply to renew an EP up to 6 months before the pass expires. You must apply before the expiry date. Check when you can start renewing.

For EP (Sponsorship): You can start applying to renew 3 months before the pass expires.

Who can renew Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
Duration of renewed pass Up to 3 years. The duration of the renewed pass is not affected by the length of validity of your passport.
How much it costs
How long it takes

Renew using myMOM Portal: Processed or given an update within 10 business days.

For EP (Sponsorship) cases only: Within 8 weeks for most cases.

Renew early

  • Remember to apply for renewal early. Renewing early does not mean that you'll lose the remaining days in your current pass. The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.
  • If you miss the deadline, you need to apply for a new pass.
  • You’ll have to apply for renewal using the renewal form for EP (Sponsorship) holders.

Renewal criteria

If the EP expires The candidate needs to
Before 1 September 2024
  • Earn at least the EP qualifying salary.
  • Work for the same employer in a managerial, executive, or specialised job.
  • Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications, or specialized skills.
From 1 September 2024

Note: Candidates earning at least $22,500 fixed monthly salary are exempted from COMPASS.

  • Renewals are not guaranteed. 
  • Once a candidate’s qualification has been verified, there is no need to get it verified again at renewal, or when there is a change of employer. If a candidate’s qualifications need to be verified, you will be prompted when filling in the EP application form.

How to renew

Log in to myMOM Portal to apply for renewal.

Ensure that your organisation’s turnover information for the past 3 years has been updated before submitting the application.

For EP (Sponsorship)

To renew EP (Sponsorship):

  1. Download the EP (Sponsorship) renewal application form and complete it as a soft copy.
  2. Submit the completed EP (Sponsorship) renewal application form and the related supporting documents using the online form.

The outcome will be emailed to the contact person indicated in the application.

When you can renew

You can apply to renew 6 months (180 days) before the pass expires.

Enter the pass expiry date to check when you can start renewing.

By using this service, you agree to accept the terms of use.

Upon renewal

If your renewal is successful, you:

  1. Will get an in-principle approval (IPA) letter. It is valid for 3 months.
  2. Must follow the instructions in the IPA to get the pass issued.

You must get the pass issued before the IPA or current pass expires, whichever occurs first. Otherwise, an overstaying fine will be imposed.The duration of the renewed pass will start when the current pass expires.

After the pass is issued

After the pass is issued, check the notification letter to see:

If the notification letter states The existing card
Continue using the existing card.

Must be kept by the pass holder.

Note: If you return it when you don’t need to, you have to pay $60 to replace the pass.

Getting a new card. Must be cut in half and discarded to prevent misuse.