Employers are responsible for ensuring that their candidates’ qualifications are genuine and were awarded by accredited institutions.
Verification proof requirements
If you’re asked for a verification proof, it must meet all these requirements:
- Confirms that the qualifications are genuine and were awarded by accredited institutions.
- Is from a background screening company.
- For the below qualifications from China, you can also get the proof from Center for Student Services and Development (CSSD), formerly known as China Higher Education Student Information (CHSI):
- Diploma: Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate
- Degree and above: Online Verification Report of Higher Education Degree Certificate
Educational certificates certified by a notary public are not accepted as a form of verification proof.
Examples of background screening companies