Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out what are the current work pass requirements.
Skip to main content

Sending a foreign domestic worker home

When your foreign domestic worker (FDW)'s employment ends, you need to complete certain steps before she departs for her home country.

Before you send your helper home:

  • Ensure that your helper has a valid passport.
  • Buy her a direct air ticket to the international airport in her home country, nearest to her hometown.

    You must pay for her air ticket and it must include check-in luggage.
    • If there are no direct flights and a transit is necessary, you should give a reasonable amount of allowance for your helper to sustain herself during her transit.
    • You and your helper should discuss and agree on the transit arrangement and amount of allowance before purchasing the air ticket.
  • Her departure date must be within 2 weeks after cancelling her work permit.
  • Resolve all outstanding employment issues (e.g. salary).