The Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass provides employment flexibility by allowing eligible applicants to concurrently start, operate and work for multiple companies in Singapore at any one time.
Who is eligible
There are different routes to apply for the Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass.
Existing work pass holders and overseas candidates can apply if they meet either of the salary criteria below:
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least S$30,000, or its equivalent in foreign currency, within the last 1 year.
- Will earn a fixed monthly salary of at least S$30,000 under their future employer based in Singapore.
In addition to meeting the salary criteria above, overseas candidates (i.e. those who are not existing work pass holders) will also need to demonstrate that they have been working for an established company overseas for at least 1 year, or will be working for an established company in Singapore.
For a company to be considered established, it must have a market capitalisation of at least US$500 million or an annual revenue of at least US$200 million.
The Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass is renewable for 5 years each time. To be eligible for renewal, the pass holder must meet either of the following:
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least S$30,000 on average over the past 5 years in Singapore.
- Started and is operating a Singapore-based company that employs at least 5 locals, each earning at least S$5,000 (pegged to the EP minimum qualifying salary).
Individuals with outstanding achievements in the arts and culture, sports, science and technology, and academia and research can qualify for Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass, even if they do not meet the salary criterion. More details on the eligibility criteria for new applications and renewals under this route will be released closer to 1 January 2023.
Benefits of the Pass
The Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass is a personalised pass tied to the individual and gives greater employment flexibility:
- You can concurrently start, operate, and work for multiple companies at any one time.
- You do not need to reapply for a new pass if you change jobs.
- Your spouse will be able to work on a Letter of Consent.
Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass holders will not be subject to the Complementarity Assessment Framework (COMPASS) and employers who wish to hire them are not subject to the Fair Consideration Framework job advertising requirement.
To ensure that the Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass holders are utilising the flexibilities accorded to contribute meaningfully, MOM will request the following information from the pass holders yearly:
- Details on all your professional activities over the past year.
- The annual salary you have earned from all professional activities.
This will contribute to our assessment of your eligibility for renewal.