Skip to main content

Cancel an Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass

In the event that you no longer work in Singapore, you must cancel your Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass within 1 week before your departure date.

At a glance

When to cancel the pass

If you no longer plan to work in Singapore, within 1 week before your departure date.

For example, if your departure date is on 10 February, please submit the request from 3 February onwards.

You do not need to cancel the pass if:

  • You change employers (you only need to notify us annually)
  • You become a Singapore permanent resident
  • Your pass has expired
Who can cancel Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass holder or employment agent.
How long it takes Within 3 working days of submitting the request.

Once the pass is cancelled:

Before cancelling

Your employer must seek tax clearance from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) at least 1 month before you leave the job.

If you are self-employed, you must fulfil your tax obligations at least 1 month before your expected date of departure.

How to cancel

To cancel your pass, you can either:

If you are not leaving Singapore immediately, you may request for a Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) when you submit your cancellation request. The STVP grants a valid stay for up to 89 days from the date of application.

You will receive your STVP by email. Please print out your STVP and show it to the immigration officer, together with a valid passport, when leaving Singapore. 

Once the pass is cancelled, please cut the pass card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.