You need to complete these steps to prepare for your helper’s arrival in Singapore.
Before the helper arrives:
- Buy a security bond (for a non-Malaysian FDW).
- Buy medical and personal accident insurance for the FDW.
- Register a first-time FDW for the Settling-In Programme (SIP).
After the helper arrives:
- Send your first-time FDW to attend the SIP – within the first 3 working days of arrival (including Saturdays).
- Send your helper for a medical examination – within 2 weeks of arrival.
- If you submitted manually instead of online, print and complete the Security Bond Form.
When: After FDW enters Singapore and within 2 weeks of arrival
Processing time: Immediate
To get the Work Permit issued:
- Log in to make the request.
- Provide an address, home or office, where the card will be delivered.
- Nominate up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card, and provide their NRIC, FIN or Passport number, mobile numbers and email address.
- Pay $30 by Visa, Master Card or eNets for each Work Permit issued.
- After the Work Permit is issued, print the Temporary Work Permit.
The Temporary Work Permit:
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. If you need to extend it because of other travel plans, complete and send the request form to us.
- Should be given to your helper. It allows her to work, stay, and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the Work Permit card.
- States if your helper needs to register her fingerprints and photo at MOM Services Centre.
When: Within 1 week after pass is issued (if required)
Check the Temporary Work Permit for whether your helper needs to register her fingerprints and photo at MOM Services Centre – Hall C. If it is required, your helper needs to register within 1 week of issuing the Work Permit.
You must make an appointment for your helper to register. It is optional for you to accompany your helper for the appointment.
For the appointment, your helper should bring:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Temporary Work Permit
When: 4 working days after registration
We will deliver the Work Permit card to the given address 4 working days after your helper registers and has her documents verified.
If your helper does not need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after verifying her documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in WP Online.
If card delivery fails
After two unsuccessful card delivery attempts, you’ll have to collect the card at the service desk of MOM Services Centre – Hall C.
You can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don't need an appointment for collection. You can also authorise a representative or employment agent to collect the card on your behalf.
Bring along these documents:
If your helper was already holding a pass for working or long-term stay in Singapore, you must return the old pass card.
For a work pass or long term pass issued by MOM, post it back to:
Work Pass Division
Ministry of Manpower
18 Havelock Road
You can use the “card return” function in WP Online to check if:
- We have received the card.
- Tell us why you are unable to return the card.
For a Special Pass or long term pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), return it to ICA. These include the Long Term Visit Pass and Student Pass.
You don’t need to return a Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card) to ICA.