Before your helper arrives in Singapore, you must buy medical insurance and personal accident insurance as part of your medical obligations to her.
You must not pass on the cost of purchasing the insurance to your helper.
You need to buy medical insurance with a coverage of at least $15,000 per year for inpatient care and day surgery during your helper’s stay in Singapore.
You also need to submit the medical insurance details online when you are issuing or renewing your helper’s Work Permit. You can get your employment agency to submit the details for you.
Personal accident insurance
|If you’re doing any of the following
||Your helper’s PAI
- Applying for new Work Permit from 1 October 2017.
- Renewing existing Work Permit with PAI that takes effect from 1 October 2017.
- Must have a sum assured of at least $60,000 per year.
- Must cover sudden, unforeseen and unexpected incidents resulting in permanent disability or death.
- Must not contain extra exclusion clauses that are not in the Employment of Foreign Manpower Regulations.
This is to protect your helper and her family by providing a lump sum compensation if she suffers from permanent disability or passes away due to an accident.
The compensation must be made payable to your helper or her beneficiaries.