Who is eligible
The foreign domestic worker you hire needs to meet these requirements:
- From 23 to 50 years old at the time of application.
- FDWs above 50 years old can only renew their work permits until they reach 60 years old.
||From an approved source country or region, including Bangladesh, Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand.
Minimum 8 years of formal education with a recognised certificate.
In addition, the FDW needs to:
- Be employed at your home address as stated on your NRIC.
- Attend the Settling-In Programme if she is a first-time FDW. We will inform the employer if an FDW needs to attend SIP in the approval letter.
- Not be related to the employer.
- Not be in Singapore during the application for the Work Permit. She should only arrive after you receive the in-principle approval and buy a $5,000 security bond.
Note: This does not apply to Malaysian workers.
Criteria for first-time FDWs
A first-time FDW is one who has never worked in Singapore as an FDW before. This includes an FDW who:
- Doesn’t have an FDW employment record with MOM’s Work Pass Division.
- Has an FDW employment record with MOM but eventually did not work in Singapore.