You can apply for a Work Permit for a foreign confinement nanny either on your own or through an employment agency.
At a glance
- Confinement nannies will get a Work Permit letter instead of a Work Permit card since the work duration is short.
- The maximum validity of the Work Permit is 16 weeks starting from your child’s date of birth. If you apply after your child is born, the validity will be shorter.
- At Singapore immigration, the nanny will be given a visit pass stamped on her passport. This allows her to stay in Singapore. If you are employing her beyond the expiry date of the visit pass, you need to extend her stay.
- Salary received as a confinement nanny is taxable. For more details, refer to IRAS's website.
- If your nanny is overseas, you need to submit an entry application for her. She needs an entry approval to enter Singapore.
Submit an application
Processing time: within 1 week. Some cases will take more time.
To submit an application:
- Get a written consent from the confinement nanny to apply for a Work Permit.
Additional step for employment agencies:
Please get the employer’s authorisation using our FDW eService before you can perform any transactions for them
. For more details, you can refer to our FAQs
- Log in to fill up the application.
- If you need the nanny to start work quickly, please indicate her start date during the Work Permit application.
- Pay $35 for each application. You can pay by VISA, MasterCard or eNets Debit.
- Log in to check the status of your application after 1 week.
Note: You need to inform us of your nanny’s start date before she can work for you. If you didn’t do so during the Work Permit application, you can inform us using our FDW eService after approval.