You can apply for a Work Permit for a foreign confinement nanny either on your own or through an employment agency.
While we are progressively re-opening our borders, employers are strongly urged to defer bringing confinement nannies from overseas into Singapore until further notice. Approvals for new Work Permits will be very limited.
We urge you to apply Work Permits for nannies who are already in Singapore. Priority will be given to Singaporean families or those with special caregiving needs (e.g. family member with a medical condition).
At a glance
- Confinement nannies will get a Work Permit letter instead of a Work Permit card since the work duration is short.
- The maximum validity of the Work Permit is 16 weeks starting from your child’s date of birth. If you apply after your child is born, the validity will be shorter.
- At Singapore immigration, the nanny will be given a visit pass stamped on her passport. This allows her to stay in Singapore. If you are employing her beyond the expiry date of the visit pass, you need to extend her stay.
Submit an application
Processing time: within 1 week. Some cases will take more time.
To submit an application:
- Get a written consent to apply for Work Permit from the confinement nanny.
- Log in to fill up the application.
- If you need the nanny to start work quickly, request for the Work Permit and indicate the duration of employment in the application form.
- Pay $35 for each application. You can pay by VISA, MasterCard or eNets Debit.
- Log in to check the status of your application after 1 week.
Note: You need to request for the Work Permit before your nanny can start work. If you didn’t do so during application, you can make the request in the new eService after approval.