You can request to extend your confinement nanny's stay in Singapore if her visit pass is cancelled or if the duration given for the visit pass is less than her employment period.
When your confinement nanny enters the country, Singapore immigration will give her a single-entry visit pass that allows her to stay here for a certain duration.
You have to request for an extension of stay for her if:
- The duration of the visit pass is less than the employment period.
- She leaves Singapore during the employment period. Her visit pass will be cancelled when she leaves, and you have to ask for an extension each time she leaves and returns to Singapore.
To extend her stay:
- Prepare the following documents of your confinement nanny:
- Front and back of her Disembarkation / Embarkation card (maximum 1MB)
- Personal particulars page of her passport (maximum 1MB)
- Request for an extension of stay online and upload the prepared documents.
It takes 2 weeks to process the request. We will email the outcome to you.
You should submit the request early so that it can be processed before her current visit pass expires.