Skip to main content

Cancel a Training Employment Pass

You need to cancel a Training Employment Pass if the pass holder's training has ended or when the pass expires. You also need to return the cancelled pass card.

At a glance

When to cancel You need to cancel a Training Employment Pass:
  • Within 1 week after the pass holder’s training ends.
  • When it expires.
Who can cancel Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How long it takes Cancellation is immediate.

Before cancelling

You need to:

  1. Settle all outstanding employment issues, such as paying of salary.
  2. Buy an air ticket to send the pass holder home, unless the pass holder agrees otherwise in writing.

When to cancel

You must cancel the pass within 1 week after the last day of training or when the pass expires.

If the pass holder’s last day of training is 1 August, the earliest you can cancel is 2 August as the pass holder still needs a valid pass for 1 August.

How to cancel

To cancel a pass:

  1. Log in to EP Online and cancel the pass. Cancellation is immediate and a Short Term Visit Pass (STVP) will be generated if the pass holder is still in Singapore.
  2. Give a copy of the cancellation acknowledgement letter and STVP to the pass holder. The pass holder must give the STVP to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.

Return the card

You must return the original pass card within 1 week of the cancellation by posting it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use EP Online’s “card return” function to:

  • Check if we have received the card.
  • Tell us why you are unable to return the card.
Last Updated: 17 January 2018