Skip to main content

Working in Singapore for Dependant's Pass holders of Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass holders

Spouses of Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass holders can work in Singapore with Letter of Consent (LOC).

For spouses who wish to work in Singapore as an employeeShow

The prospective employer must submit an application to MOM for an LOC on their behalf. 

For spouses who wish to operate a businessShow

They must meet the criteria as a business owner. Then, they can apply for an LOC by either:

  • Engaging an employment agency
  • Registering for an EP Online eService account using this online form first. Next, apply for the LOC at myMOM Portal

To renew the LOC, they need to meet all the following conditions:

  • Hire at least 1 Singaporean / Permanent Resident who earns at least the prevailing Local Qualifying Salary
  • Receives CPF contributions for at least 3 months 

Other dependants of Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass holders who are not spouses will need to obtain a work pass to work for an employer in Singapore.

Dependant's Pass (DP) holders who get an EP or S PassShow

They will be granted the work and stay privileges associated with an EP or S Pass. As their stay in Singapore is no longer dependent on the main pass holder, they will no longer require a DP, and their DP will need to be cancelled before their EP or S Pass gets issued. 

DP holders who get a Work PermitShow


DP holders do not need to obtain a work pass to participate in volunteer activities if:

  • No payment is involved
  • The activities are for a charitable purpose