Approved asbestos-removal contractors can add approved personnel for asbestos removal work. Each organisation must employ at least 1 such competent person.
At a glance
As an approved asbestos-removal contractor (AARC), you must employ at least 1 competent person for asbestos-removal work.
Who can apply
The competent person needs to meet these criteria:
- Completed the Remove Asbestos From Workplace course by a WSQ-approved training organisation.
- Have at least 2 years of experience in handling, removing or disposing of asbestos-containing materials or in asbestos-related work activities.
How to apply
To apply, follow these steps:
- Apply online to add approved personnel.
- Upload all supporting documents.
- (Optional) Log in to check your application status.
You will receive an email notification if your application is successful.
You will need to submit PDF copies of the following documents:
- Company testimony for the competent person for asbestos-removal work.
- Copy of NRIC or Work Pass for each competent person.
- Supporting documents, including copies of the employment letter or Work Permit showing that the competent persons for asbestos-removal work are directly employed by your company.
- Certificate of completion for Remove Asbestos From Workplace course.