You can get a waiver for your foreign domestic worker (FDW) levy payments only in certain situations. These include overseas leave and hospitalisation leave.
When you can get a levy waiver
You can apply for a levy waiver only if your helper:
What you need
|If your helper
|Went on overseas leave
No documents needed. We will contact you if we need any.
If the helper chose not to return from overseas leave, you should cancel the work permit before you apply for a waiver.
|Was admitted to a hospital in Singapore
Any of the following:
- Medical certificate showing the period of hospitalisation leave.
- Hospital bills which reflect the admission and discharge dates.
|Was in the custody of the police or embassy
||A letter from the relevant organisation stating the period of custody.
||A copy of her death certificate.
When to apply
You can apply for the levy waiver only after the levy has been charged and it must be within 1 year of the levy bill.
If the waiver period requested is from January 2015 (start month) to February 2015 (end month), you must submit the application by 31 January 2016.
How to apply
You need to apply online at CPF website. After logging in, choose Application for Waiver of Foreign Worker Levy (Domestic).
You can check your application status online after 12 working days.
How to calculate the waiver
Amount waived = Monthly levy rate - Levy payable
- Waiver period: 1 – 15 September
- Helper’s levy rate: $300 monthly (or $9.87 daily)
How to calculate
- Count the number of days from 16 to 30 September where levy is payable, i.e. 15 days.
- Find out the amount of levy payable using daily rate, i.e. 15 days × $9.87 = $148.05
- Amount waived = Monthly levy rate - Levy payable
$300 (monthly levy rate) - $148.05 (levy payable) = $151.95 (amount waived)
View the levy rates.