Skip to main content

Levy concession for a migrant domestic worker (MDW)

Levy concession is part of the package to support Singaporeans needing care. As an MDW employer, you can get a concessionary rate of $60 per month if you meet the qualifying criteria.

Who can qualify

As an employer, you can qualify for levy concession if you live with any of the following eligible person who is a Singapore citizen:

  • Young child below 16 years old.
  • Elderly person who is at least 67 years old.
  • Person with disabilities (PWD) – Must be certified by Singapore-registered doctor to require help with at least 1 activity of daily living (ADL), such as showering, feeding, dressing or toileting.

The levy concession for 1 helper is granted based on 1 eligible person in the household. It is capped at 2 helpers per household.

Auto levy concession for yourself, spouse or child

You do not need to apply for levy concession if:

  • You or your spouse is at least 67 years old.
  • Your child is below 16 years old.

It will automatically start:

  • When you or your spouse turn 67 years old.
  • On your child’s date of birth if your child is registered as a Singapore citizen at birth.
  • On the date your child was granted Singapore citizenship.

Apply for levy concession

You need to apply for levy concession if the eligible person is one of the persons listed in the table below. The processing time is 4 weeks.

The levy concession will start from the date of approval.

Eligible person Apply
Family member or relative Apply online
Other person needing caregiver assistance from helper Apply online
PWD Apply with Agency for Integrated Care

If you or your spouse is a Singapore citizen, you can also enjoy levy concession if your parent, parent-in-law, grandparent or grandparent-in-law is a Singapore permanent resident, at least 67 years old and stays with you. You can apply online.

You can also enjoy levy concession if you are a Singapore citizen and staying with your parent, spouse, or child with disabilities, who is a Singapore permanent resident. You can apply with Agency for Integrated Care.

Home Caregiving Grant

If you hire a helper to take care of a family member who needs permanent assistance with 3 or more ADLs, you may qualify for the Home Caregiving Grant, a monthly grant of up to $400.

For more information on the criteria and how to apply, you can:

More on Migrant domestic worker levy