When your confinement nanny enters the country, Singapore immigration will give her a single-entry visit pass that allows her to stay here for a certain duration.
You will have to request for an extension of stay for her if:
- The duration of the visit pass is less than the employment period for her Work Permit.
- She leaves Singapore during the employment period. Her visit pass will be cancelled when she leaves, and you will have to ask for an extension each time she leaves and returns to Singapore.
To extend her stay:
- Submit the following documents using iSubmit:
- Electronic or scanned copies of your request letter.
- Your confinement nanny's Disembarkation/Embarkation cards or passport.
- Notice of issuance of the Work Permit.
- Under Request Type, select Option 5: Work Permit Application Matters for Foreign Domestic Worker (Supporting documents and Appeals) and 6ME for FDW & FW.
If the request is approved, your confinement nanny can stay in Singapore until her Work Permit expires.