Learn how to plan and facilitate table-top exercises to identify and protect against terror threats.
Identify terror threats
Identify terror threats by:
You can then take preventive measures against a terror attack.
After identifying a suspicious person, you should follow these 4 steps:
- Observe discreetly.
- Record description of suspect.
- Inform relevant parties.
- Assist security when necessary.
Besides suspicious persons, it is important that you take note of suspicious items that were:
- Posted to your workplace.
- Left outside your building
If you see suspicious items:
- Check if suspicious item belongs to anyone nearby.
- Do not touch the suspicious item.
- Turn off or avoid using your mobile phones and wireless devices.
- Inform security using nearest landline.
Note: Do not use your mobile phones.
- Advise passers-by to stay away from the item.
- Direct security officers to the item when they arrive.
To counter terrorism, you need to learn:
- How to protect yourself and your workplaces against terrorism.
- 4 different types of threats:
It is important to organise TTX sessions for your workplace colleagues. This will help them plan, practice and identify gaps in contingency plans for various scenarios.