Increase the overall local workforce size at the point of M-SEP renewal from the point of M-SEP application, i.e. those earning $1,400 a month or more.
You will get 1 x M-SEP quota per net hire, subject to 5% of your firm's base workforce headcount
, and a cap of 50 quota.
There are no qualifying programmes under 2a. Companies can hire through its own means, or through Government programmes, such as:
- Attach-and-Train Career Conversion Programmes
- Career Trial
- Place-and-Train Career Conversion Programmes
- SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme
- SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme
- Tech Skills Accelerator (TeSA) Company-Led Training (includes TeSA for ITE and Polytechnic apprenticeships)
Send local workers to one of the following training programmes. These training programmes require companies to demonstrate sufficient effort in directly training the individual, such as through structured on-the-job training or assigning dedicated mentors, that will result in job enhancements.
Job enhancements could include promotion with wage increment, expanding job scope or higher level responsibilities. Trainees can be a new entrant into the company or an existing worker.
Benefit: You will get 1 x M-SEP quota per worker you commit to train, subject to 5% of your firm's base workforce headcount, and a cap of 50 quota.
Supporting agency: Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Accelerated Pathways for Technicians & Assistant Engineers (Manufacturing) Grant “APT(M)”
Supporting agencies: Institutes of Higher Learning, supported by Ministry of Education (MOE) and SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
- Work-Study Degree (WSDeg) in-employment upgraders
- Work-Study Diploma (WSDip)
- Work-Study Post-Diploma (WSPostDip)
- Work-Study Certificates (WSCerts)
Supporting agency: Workforce Singapore (WSG)
- Redeployment / Job Redesign Reskilling Career Conversion Programmes
- Capability Transfer Programme (CTP)
Supporting agency: Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA)
- Maritime Leadership Programme
- Global Talent Programme
- Maritime Cluster Fund – Manpower Development (Management Associate)