To find out your childcare leave eligibility and entitlement, select the statements that apply to you:
Please choose an option to see your eligibility and entitlement.
You are eligible for Government-Paid Childcare Leave (GPCL) if you meet the following requirements:
- Your child is below 7 years old.
- Your child is a Singapore citizen.
- For employees: you have served your employer for at least 3 continuous months.
- For self-employed: you have been engaged in your work for at least 3 continuous months and have lost income during the childcare leave period.
If your youngest Singaporean child is between 7 and 12 years old, you could be eligible for 2 days of extended childcare leave
You and your spouse each get 6 days per year of childcare leave until the year your child turns 7 years old, regardless of the number of children you have.
Childcare leave is capped at 42 days for each parent.
You need to consume your yearly childcare leave entitlement by the end of that year. You cannot carry forward childcare leave meant for one year to the next.
Your leave is paid as follows:
- The first 3 days will be paid by your employer.
- The remaining 3 days will be paid by the Government.
- Payments are capped at $500 per day, including CPF contributions.
If your child is born in August 2013, you can start your leave either in 2013 or 2014.
Your last 6 days of childcare leave will be as follows:
|If you start your leave in
||Your last 6 days must be taken in
How to apply or claim
For instructions on leave application or reimbursement claims, visit the Government-Paid Leave (GPL) Portal.
Find out more
To find out more about Government-Paid leave schemes, you can visit:
If your child is not a Singapore citizen, you and your spouse are each entitled to 2 days of childcare leave in accordance with the Employment Act if you meet these requirements:
- Your child (including legally adopted children or step-children) is below 7 years old.
- You have worked for your employer for a continuous period of at least 3 months.
Your childcare leave is capped at 2 days per year regardless of the number of children who qualify. Your employer will pay for the 2 days of childcare leave.
Childcare leave in accordance with the Employment Act is capped at 14 days for each parent.