Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out the latest update on work pass services.
Skip to main content

Am I entitled to childcare leave if my child is overseas?

You are still entitled to childcare leave if your child is overseas. However, as childcare leave is for parents to spend time with and take care of their children, you shouldn't use it for other purposes.

Employers are encouraged to adopt family-friendly measures, such as allowing employees to combine their childcare leave with annual leave to visit their child overseas for a longer period.