Advisory to employers - Picking up your workers promptly at the point of entry
Issued on 24 December 2021
Updated on 24 April 2022
- If you have migrant workers arriving in Singapore and are required to provide transport for your workers from the point of entry to their accommodation or Onboard centre, please be reminded to pick up your newly arrived workers from the point of entry (e.g. airport) promptly.
- Any delay in picking your workers up may result in groups of travellers gathering at the point of entry and may expose your migrant workers and the community to public health risks. Actions may also be taken against employers, if your migrant workers are left stranded at the entry for more than one hour after they have cleared immigration and collected their luggage. If your workers are from the construction, marine shipyard, or process (CMP) sectors, do remind your migrant workers to inform the immigration officer on their sector of work when clearing the immigration counter.
- You should also take note of the following guidelines when picking up your workers from the point of entry:
- Use your private transportation, or make arrangement for taxis or private hire vehicles to bring your workers to their accommodation or Onboard centre.
- Do not use public transport for your workers.
- Allow your workers to share the same vehicle, only if they have the same travel history and are heading towards the same accommodation or Onboard centre.
- For further queries, please contact us at www.mom.gov.sg/efeedback.
13 October 2022