Advisory to employers - Picking up your workers promptly at the point of entry
Issued on 24 December 2021
- If you have migrant workers arriving in Singapore and are required to provide transport for your workers from the point of entry to their accommodation for self-isolation or Stay-Home Notice period, please be reminded to pick up your newly arrived workers from the point of entry (e.g. airport) promptly.
- Any delay in picking the workers up may result in groups of travellers gathering at the point of entry and may expose your migrant workers and the community to public health risks. Actions may also be taken against the employers if their migrant workers are left stranded at the entry for more than one hour after they have cleared immigration and collected their luggage. If your workers are from the construction, marine shipyard, or process (CMP) sectors, do remind your migrant workers to inform the immigration officer on their sector of work when clearing the immigration counter.
- Migrant workers entering Singapore from categories II and III regions/countries will be allowed to stay in a self-sourced accommodation for their required Stay-Home Notice (SHN) period if they are:
- Work permit and S Pass holders who are not in the CMP sectors; or
- Malaysian or female work permit and S Pass holders in the CMP sectors.
- As the employer, you are required to arrange for an appropriate SHN accommodation and transport for your workers from the point of entry to the SHN address.
- You should also take note of the following guidelines when picking up your workers from the point of entry:
- Use your private transportation, or make arrangement for taxis or private hire vehicles to bring your workers to the self-sourced SHN accommodation
- Do not use public transport for your workers
- Inform your workers that they do not need to wait for his on-arrival Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result at the point of entry. They should proceed to the SHN accommodation and wait for their test result.
- Allow your workers to share the same vehicle, only if they have the same travel history and are heading towards the same self-sourced SHN accommodation.
- For further queries, please contact us at www.mom.gov.sg/efeedback.