Find out the key points of MOM’s Committee of Supply (COS) speeches
, including links to more information about MOM's COS announcements.
Walking the tech journey with you
Technology also creates new jobs that are potentially of better quality
- Ramping up help for jobseekers to take up new jobs in growth sectors.
- Launch new PCPs such as in Embedded Software and Prefabrication.
- Enhance Career Trial to include part-time jobs to also benefit jobseekers who may have care-giving responsibilities.
Supporting businesses’ manpower needs
- New employer features through MyCareersFuture.sg (e.g. view job applicants sorted by job fit, recommend suitable talent).
Strengthening support for Self-Employed Persons (SEPs)
- Help SEPs mitigate loss of income due to prolonged illness or injury.
- Raise awareness of taxi and private hire drivers on importance of having prolonged medical leave insurance coverage.
- Helping SEPs save more regularly for healthcare and retirement needs through a ”contribute-as-you-earn“ (CAYE) model.
- Government, as the service-buyer, to pilot CAYE from first quarter of 2020.
Supporting senior employment
Supporting older workers who wish to continue working
- Tripartite Workgroup on Older Workers (TWG-OW) reaffirmed the value of Retirement Age (RA) and Re-Employment Age (REA).
- There is scope to raise RA and REA with Singaporeans living longer, and in good health. CPF Payout Eligibility Age remains at 65.
- Further study needed on CPF contribution rates for older workers.
- TWG-OW to submit final recommendations by end 2019.
Better care and assurance for workers
Building progressive workplaces
- Promote adoption of Tripartite Standard on Flexible Work Arrangements (FWAs).
- Increase Work-Life Grant budget to a total of $100 million and extend application period to until June 2022.
- Support companies in implementing job-sharing by developing a job-sharing implementation guide for employers. Guide will be launched by the first half of 2019.
- Facilitate integration of Persons with Special Needs into the workforce.
- TAFEP as a resource centre for managing workplace harassment.
Factsheet on Workplace Harassment @ TAFEP
Maintaining effectiveness of Dependency Ratio Ceiling controls in view of rising local wages
- The Local Qualifying Salary threshold, which determines the number of locals that count towards a firm’s quota to hire S Pass and Work Permit holders, will be raised from $1,200 to $1,300 from 1 July 2019.
Factsheet on Foreign Workforce Policy Announcements
- For an overview of MOM’s COS announcements, download our COS-in-Brief.
- Stay updated with the latest MOM-related news and announcements here, as well as our official MOM Facebook page.