At a glance
You need to meet the following requirements for renewal:
- A new certificate for Workshop to Enhance Safety of Crane Operation (WESCO). You need a new WESCO certificate for each renewal.
- If you are a foreigner with a valid work pass, your occupation must be listed as Crane and Hoist Operator. All other occupations are not allowed.
- From 1 April 2016, if you are aged 50 years or above, you must pass the medical examination before you can renew.
If your registration has expired, you may need to pass a test or attend a course before renewing:
If your licence has expired for
You need to
Less than 6 months
Proceed to renew.
6 months to less than 3 years
Pass the test conducted by an accredited training provider.
3 years to less than 5 years
Attend a refresher course and pass the test conducted by an accredited training provider.
5 years or more
Attend the full course and pass the test conducted by an accredited training provider.
How to renew
From 1 April 2016, if you are aged 50 years or above, you must pass your medical examination before renewing.
- Download the relevant medical form:
- Fill up the sections to be completed by applicant.
- Arrange and go for a medical examination with any GP or polyclinic. Bring along the medical examination form.
There are two ways to apply:
- At selected SingPost branches
Apply at a SingPost branch
To apply, follow these steps:
- Submit all required documents at one of these SingPost branches (check locations and opening hours):
- Ang Mo Kio Central Post Office
- Bukit Batok Central Post Office
- Chinatown Post Office
- General Post Office
- Jurong Point Post Office
- Raffles Place Post Office
- Tampines Central Post Office
- Tanjong Pagar Post Office
- Towner Post Office
- Woodlands Central Post Office
- Pay the $20 fee at the counter. Keep the payment receipt for your records.
If your application is approved, you will receive the certificate in the mail.
You will need to submit PDF copies of the following:
- Crane Operator renewal application form.
- Both sides of your NRIC or work pass.
- Completed medical examination form:
- Certificate for Workshop to Enhance Safety of Crane Operation (WESCO). You need a new WESCO certificate for each renewal.