To renew your Crane Operator registration, you should apply before it expires. You will need to meet the requirements for renewal.
At a glance
You need to meet the following requirements for renewal:
- A new certificate for Workshop to Enhance Safety of Crane Operation (WESCO). You need a new WESCO certificate for each renewal.
- If you are a foreigner with a valid work pass, your occupation must be listed as Crane and Hoist Operator. All other occupations are not allowed.
- From 1 April 2016, if you are aged 50 years or above, you must pass the medical examination before you can renew.
If your registration has expired, you may need to pass a test or attend a course before renewing:
How to renew
If you are aged 50 years or above
If you are aged 50 years or above, you must pass your medical examination before renewing.
- Download the relevant medical form:
- Fill up the sections to be completed by applicant.
- Arrange and go for a medical examination with any GP. Bring along the medical examination form.
- Log in to apply.
- Upload all supporting documents.
- Pay the $20 fee online. Your application will only be processed upon payment.
- (Optional) Log in to check your application status.
- If your application is approved, you will receive the certificate by post.
You will need to submit PDF copies of the following:
- Completed medical examination form:
- Certificate for Workshop to Enhance Safety of Crane Operation (WESCO). You need a new WESCO certificate for each renewal.
Find training providers for WESCO
List of acceptable crane operator courses
You can send your workers for the following crane operator courses conducted by the accredited training providers for their crane operator registration.