At a glance
To apply, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Pass the relevant crane operator course conducted by an accredited training provider (ATP). You must have obtained the certificate within 6 months before applying.
- From 1 April 2016, if you are aged 50 years or above, you must pass the medical examination before you can apply.
- (For a foreigner with a work pass) Have Crane and Hoist Operator as the occupation on your work pass. All other occupations are not accepted.
The Commissioner for WSH can request any crane operator, including lorry and mini crane operator, to produce a current medical certificate to certify that they’re medically fit to operate the crane.
How to apply
If you are aged 50 years or above
Before applying, if you are aged 50 years or above, you must pass your medical examination.
- Download the relevant medical form:
- Fill up the sections to be completed by applicant.
- Arrange and go for a medical examination with any GP or polyclinic. Bring along the medical examination form.
- Log in to apply.
- Upload all supporting documents.
- Pay the $20 fee online. Your application will only be processed upon payment.
- (Optional) Log in to check your application status.
You will receive the outcome by post. If your application is successful, you will also receive the registration card.
You will need to submit copies of the following documents:
- Both sides of NRIC or work pass.
- Certificate for the relevant Crane Operator course. The course completion date should be no more than 6 months ago.
- Recent identity card (IC) sized colour softcopy photograph in JPG format.
- (For truck-mounted mobile crane) Class 5 driving licence.
- Completed medical examination form: