You must be certified to ISO 29993 as a Learning Service Provider in order to conduct the MOM-recognised courses.
To raise the standard of workplace safety and health training, MOM requires WSH training providers to be certified to ISO 29993 : 2017. The certification will replace the MOM Accredited Training Provider (ATP) scheme.
What this means for you
If you want to conduct WSH courses, you will need to apply to be a Learning Service Provider (LSP) certified to ISO 29993.
The list of courses conducted by LSPs include:
- Occupational First Aid Course
- Workshop to Enhance the Safety of Crane Operation (WESCO)
- Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (Painter Trade)
- Safety Orientation Course (Tunnelling) for Workers
- Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (Hot-Work Trade)
- Commercial Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus (CSCUBA) Diver
- Surface Supplied Diving Equipment (SSDE) Diver
- Commercial Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus Diving Supervisor
- Surface Supplied Diving Equipment Diving Supervisor
Apply to be a LSP
You no longer need to apply to MOM.
If it is your first time applying to conduct any course, you will need to apply for ISO 29993 certification through a Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC)-accredited certification body.