You will have to pay a levy for your S Pass holder every month. Find out how to pay the levy and view bills online, and the penalties for late payment.
When and how to pay levy
You must pay levy using General Interbank Recurring Order (GIRO).
If you do not have a GIRO account, you can submit an application to us. You can check the status of your GIRO application using Check and pay levy.
If you are a new employer with no existing GIRO arrangement, you can pay using PayNow QR in Check and pay levy
before your first GIRO deduction takes effect.
|After GIRO is approved
- The levy for each month will be deducted from your bank account on the 17th of the following month (or the next working day if it falls on a weekend or public holiday).
- You should maintain enough funds in your account before the deduction date. If the GIRO deduction is unsuccessful, your bank may charge you a failed transaction fee.
The levy for January 2017 will be deducted on 17 February 2017.
|If you need to pay levy using other methods
You must pay the levy for each month by the 17th of the following month.
You should not use other payment methods if you already have a GIRO arrangement, as the scheduled GIRO deduction will still go ahead.
View levy bills online
You can view your latest levy bill on the 6th of every month using Check and pay levy.
Penalties for not paying levy
If you do not pay the full levy on time, you may face these penalties:
- You will be charged a late payment penalty of 2% per month or $20, whichever is higher. Your total late payment penalty will be capped at 30% of the outstanding levy.
- Your existing S Passes will be revoked.
Note: After clearing the arrears and fines, you may submit a new application for S Pass holders. Your S Pass holders must obtain new S Passes before they can continue to work.
- You will not be allowed to apply for or issue S Passes, or renew existing S Passes.
- You may face legal action to recover the unpaid levy.
- If you, your partners or directors head other companies, these companies may not be allowed to apply for S Passes.