You will have to pay a levy for your S Pass holder every month. Find out how to pay the levy and view bills online, and the penalties for late payment.
When and how to pay the levy
You must pay the levy via General Interbank Recurring Order (GIRO).
If you don’t have a GIRO account, apply for one using the GIRO application form. We will notify you of the outcome by post.
You can check your application status and start date of your GIRO deduction one month after your GIRO application.
|After GIRO is approved
- The levy for each month will be deducted from your bank account on the 17th of the following month (or the next working day if it falls on a weekend or public holiday).
- You should maintain enough funds in your account before the deduction date. If the GIRO deduction is unsuccessful, your bank may charge you a failed transaction fee.
The levy for January 2017 will be deducted on 17 February 2017.
|If you need to pay levy using other methods
You must pay the levy for each month by the 14th of the following month.
Note: It takes longer for us to process your payment when you pay using other methods.
You should not use other payment methods if you already have a GIRO arrangement, as the scheduled GIRO deduction will still go ahead.
View levy bills online
You can view your latest levy bill on the 6th of every month using Check and pay levy.
Penalties for not paying levy
If you don’t pay the full levy on time, you may face these penalties:
- You’ll be charged a late payment penalty of 2% per month or $20, whichever is higher. Your total late payment penalty will be capped at 30% of the outstanding levy.
- Your existing S Passes will be revoked.
Note: After clearing the arrears and fines, you may submit a new application for S Pass holders. Your S Pass holders must obtain new S Passes before they can continue to work.
- You won’t be allowed to apply for or issue S Passes, or renew existing S Passes.
- You may face legal action to recover the unpaid levy.
- If you, your partners or directors head other companies, these companies will not be allowed to apply for S Passes.