Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

Eligibility for Miscellaneous Work Pass

The Miscellaneous Work Pass is for eligible foreigners on short-term work assignments, such as speakers at a seminar, religious workers or journalists.

Who is eligible

You are eligible to apply if you are:

  • A foreigner directly involved in, but not limited to, organising or conducting any seminar, conference, workshop or gathering that:
    • Relates directly or indirectly to any religious belief, or to religion generally.
    • Relates directly or indirectly to any race or community generally.
    • Is cause-related or directed towards a political end, including involvement as a speaker, moderator, facilitator or trainer.
  • A foreign religious worker giving talks directly or indirectly related to any religion.
  • A foreign journalist, reporter, or accompanying crew member not supported or sponsored by any Singapore Government agency to cover an event or write a story in Singapore.

You must also be sponsored by a Singapore-based organisation or society.


The Miscellaneous Work Pass lets you take on assignments of up to 60 days in Singapore. 

More on Miscellaneous Work Pass