If you’re an employer or local sponsor, you can submit a Miscellaneous Work Pass (MWP) application online. You should apply at least 2 months before the assignment starts.
Like all short-term visitors, MWP holders may be subject to restrictions before being allowed to enter Singapore. Please check ICA’s website for more details.
At a glance
Who can apply
Employer or local sponsor
How much it costs
$175 administrative fee
How long it takes
Around 2 months.
||Check application status online
- Apply early and include all relevant information to avoid unnecessary delays to your event. Event organisers are advised not to publicise the candidate’s participation in the event until the work pass has been approved.
- You should only bring in candidates when the pass is approved. If a candidate is in Singapore with a visit pass that will expire before the work pass is issued, we won't be able to extend the visit pass.
You will need these documents to apply:
- Personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
- Synopsis of the talk or event (if applicable).
- For non-English documents, you must submit an English translation and a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.
- We may ask for other documents when we review your application.
Submit an application
Processing time: Around 2 months
- Get a written consent to apply for Miscellaneous Work Pass from the candidate.
- Download the Miscellaneous Work Pass application form (for online submission).
- Complete the application form as a softcopy to get the bill reference number.
- Print the application form and get it signed.
- Pay $175 fee for each application by PayNow or FAST (Fast and Secure Transfers).
- Submit your application online. You need CorpPass, apply for CorpPass if you don’t have one. Include the following:
- Completed and signed application form
- Screenshot of banking page confirming your payment
- Supporting documents listed in the application form
It takes around 2 months to process the application. You can check the application status online.
If approved, we will email the approval letter to the contact person indicated in the application.
- Pass holders are only allowed to participate in the activity at the venue and date shown in the approval letter.
- Pass holders also need a valid Short Term Visit Pass for their stay. These are issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority upon arrival.
Change event details
If you want to change the synopsis, time, venue or programme of the event, you need to inform MOM at least 1 month before the date of the approved original programme.