If you are an employer or local sponsor, you can submit a Miscellaneous Work Pass application electronically or at SingPost. You should apply at least 2 months before the assignment starts.
At a glance
- Apply early and include all relevant information to avoid unnecessary delays to your event. Event organisers are advised not to publicise the candidate’s participation in the event until the work pass has been approved.
- You should only bring in candidates when the pass is approved. If a candidate is in Singapore with a visit pass that will expire before the work pass is issued, we won't be able to extend the visit pass.
You will need these documents to apply:
- Personal particulars page of the candidate’s passport.
- Synopsis of the talk or event (if applicable).
- For non-English documents, you must submit an English translation and a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.
- We may ask for other documents when we review your application.
Submit an application
Processing time: Around 2 months
You can submit the application electronically or at SingPost.
It takes around 2 months to process the application. You can check the application status online.
If approved, we will email the approval letter to the contact person indicated in the application.
- Pass holders are only allowed to participate in the activity at the venue and date shown in the approval letter.
- Pass holders also need a valid Short Term Visit Pass for their stay. These are issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority upon arrival.
Change event details
If you want to change the synopsis, time, venue or programme of the event, you need to inform MOM at least 1 month before the date of the approved original programme.