At a glance
- Apply early and include all relevant information to avoid unnecessary delays to your event. Event organisers are advised not to publicise the candidate’s participation in the event until the work pass has been approved.
- You should only bring in candidates when the pass is approved. If a candidate is in Singapore with a visit pass that will expire before the work pass is issued, we won't be able to extend the visit pass.
You will need these documents to apply:
- Personal particulars page of the candidate's passport.
- A synopsis of the talk or event (if applicable).
- Company’s latest business profile, instant information or registration papers registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) or professional bodies.
We may ask for other documents when we review your application.
For non-English documents, you must submit an English translation and a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.
Submit an application
Processing time: Around 2 months
To submit the application:
- Get a written consent to apply for the pass from the candidate.
- Complete the Miscellaneous Work Pass Application Form and include the supporting documents mentioned in the form.
- When filling out the Occupations field, choose the closest match from the A-Z list of standard occupations: A-I, J-R, S-Z.
- Submit the completed application and supporting documents over the counter at any SingPost branch.
- Pay the $175 fee for each application. You can pay by cash, NETS or CashCard. Keep the payment advice slip given to you as proof of your submission.
- Check the application status online around 1 week after submission.
It takes around 2 months to process the application. If approved, we will email the approval letter to the contact person indicated in the application.
- Pass holders are only allowed to participate in the activity at the venue and date shown in the approval letter.
- Pass holders also need a valid Short Term Visit Pass for their stay. These are issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority upon arrival.
Change event details
If you want to change the synopsis, time, venue or programme of the event, you need to inform MOM at least 1 month before the date of the approved original programme.