Skip to main content

Will my spouse lose their existing Work Permit if I change from an Employment Pass to an Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass?

Yes. Your spouse's existing Work Permit will no longer be valid as it is tied to their Dependant’s Pass (DP). Once your Employment Pass (EP) is cancelled, the associated family passes will also be cancelled.

To avoid this, you should only cancel your EP after your application for an Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass is successful.

You will need to reapply for a DP for your spouse once your Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass is approved as it takes 4 weeks to process. Your spouse should make the necessary arrangements for his/her work for this transition.