Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

Can an employer refuse to cancel an EP, S Pass or Work Permit?

Employees have the right to resign at any time, by serving notice or by compensating the employer with salary-in-lieu.

As a work pass is meant for employment, employers must cancel an employee’s Employment Pass, S Pass or Work Permit within 1 week after employment ends.

Employers cannot use the refusal to cancel the work pass as a threat or retaliation for employment or contract disputes. If there is a dispute, both employers and employees should try to resolve it amicably or seek mediation. For salary disputes, you can approach TADM for assistance.

If your employer refuses to cancel your work pass after you have resigned and served your notice, you can contact MOM for assistance.