In view of the COVID-19 situation, there is no need to visit MOM Services Centre for advisory and transaction services. If you have made an appointment with us, we will contact you instead. Our eServices, web chat and hotline remain available. We encourage customers to visit our website for the latest updates, including changes to our work pass services from 7 April to 4 May.
Skip to main content

File an appeal for a dispute on maternity leave benefits

If you feel you have been wrongfully dismissed by your employer during your pregnancy and have not been paid your maternity leave benefits, you can file a wrongful dismissal claim at the Tripartite Alliance for Dispute Management (TADM).

During your pregnancy, you have maternity protection against retrenchment or unfair dismissal.

If you have a dispute about your maternity leave, first speak with your employer to understand the situation.

If you believe you have been dismissed without sufficient cause and you were not paid your maternity leave benefits, you can:

  • File a wrongful dismissal claim at TADM after the dismissal and within 2 months of the birth of your child.
  • Seek the union’s help (if you are a union member).
  • Seek legal help.

You must be covered by the Employment Act or the Child Development Co-Savings Act to file a claim.