During your pregnancy, you have maternity protection against retrenchment or unfair dismissal.
If you have a dispute about your maternity leave, first speak with your employer to understand the situation.
If you believe you have been dismissed without sufficient cause, you can:
- Submit an appeal in writing to the Minister for Manpower after the dismissal and within 2 months of the birth of your child.
- Seek the union's help (if you are a union member).
- Seek legal help.
You must be covered by the Employment Act or the Child Development Co-Savings Act to submit a claim.
Submitting an appeal
To submit an appeal:
- Download and complete the appeal form.
- After completing the form, you can either:
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post it to:
Labour Relations and Workplaces Division
Ministry of Manpower
1500 Bendemeer Road