Processing time: within 1 week. Some cases will take more time.
To submit an application:
- Get a written consent from the foreign worker to apply for Work Permit.
- Log in to WP Online to fill out the application.
- Pay $30 for each application. You can pay by GIRO, Visa, MasterCard or eNets debit.
- Check the status of your application after 1 week.
It takes around 1 week to process the application. It may take longer if additional information is required.
You can view the outcome online. If your application is approved, you can print the in-principle approval letter (IPA).
You need to complete these steps to prepare for your worker’s arrival in Singapore.
Before the worker arrives:
- Buy a security bond (for non-Malaysian workers).
- Buy medical insurance for the worker.
When the worker arrives:
- Register the worker’s residential address and mobile number using the Online Foreign Workers Address Service (OFWAS) – at least an hour before requesting for the pass to be issued.
- Send the worker to any Singapore-registered doctor for a medical examination – within 2 weeks of arrival.
- Print and complete the Security Bond form.
- For sole proprietorships and partnerships, the form should be signed by the sole proprietor or partner.
- For private limited companies, it should be signed by a directors who is registered with ACRA. If the director wishes to appoint an employee to sign the form, he must provide a written authorisation to MOM.
Processing time: Immediate
You need to get the Work Permit issued within this timeframe:
|If the worker is
||Get the Work Permit issued
||If you cannot get the Work Permit issued on time (e.g. Your worker's examination results or new passport is not ready)
- After entering Singapore
- Before the short-term visit pass (i.e. immigration white card) expires
- Before the due date stated on the in-principle approval (IPA) letter
|Log on to WP Online to extend the IPA letter (You need to do this before the due date stated on the IPA letter)
- After entering Singapore
- Within 14 days after arriving in Singapore
|Log in to WP Online to request for a Special Pass (The IPA will be automatically extended)
|Changing to a new employer
- Before the current Work Permit expires
- Before the due date stated on the IPA letter
|Log in to WP Online to extend the IPA letter (You need to do this before the due date stated on the IPA letter)
To request for the Work Permit to be issued:
- Log in to WP Online to make the request.
- Provide an address (home or office) where the card will be delivered.
- Nominate up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card, and provide their IC/FIN/Passport number, mobile numbers and email address.
- Pay $30 for each Work Permit issued. You can pay by GIRO, Visa, MasterCard or eNETS debit.
- After the Work Permit is issued, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. If you need to extend it because of other travel plans, complete and send the request form to us.
- Should be given to the foreign worker. It allows them to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the Work Permit card.
- States if the worker needs to report to MOM Services Centre – Hall C to register fingerprints and photo.
When: Within 1 week after pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether the worker needs to register at MOM Services Centre – Hall C. If it is required, the worker needs to register within 1 week of issuing the Work Permit.
You must make an appointment for the worker to register.
For the appointment, the worker should bring:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
- Documents listed in the notification letter
When: 4 working days after registration
We will deliver the Work Permit card to the given address 4 working days after the worker registers and gets documents verified.
For workers who do not need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after verifying their documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in WP Online.
to scan QR code on your new card
to check status, expiry date and more.
If card delivery fails
After unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll have to collect the card at the service desk of
MOM Services Centre – Hall C.
You or an authorised person can collect the card 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don’t need an appointment for collection.
Bring along these documents:
If the worker was already holding a pass for working or long-term stay in Singapore, you must return the old pass card.
For a work pass or long term pass issued by MOM, post it back to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use the “card return” function in WP Online to:
- Check if we have received the card.
- Tell us why you are unable to return the card.
For a Special Pass or long term pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), return it to ICA. These include the Long Term Visit Pass and Student Pass.
You don’t need to return a Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card) to ICA.