Processing time: 1 working day
To submit an application:
- Log in to WP Online to fill out the application.
- Pay $30 for each application. You can pay by GIRO, Visa, MasterCard or eNets debit.
- Check the status of your application on the next working day.
It takes 1 working day to process the application. It may take longer if additional information is required.
You can view the outcome online. If your application is approved, you can print the in-principle approval letter (IPA).
You need to complete these steps to prepare for your worker's arrival in Singapore.
Before the worker arrives:
- Buy a security bond (for non-Malaysian workers).
- Buy medical insurance for the worker.
When the worker arrives:
- Register the worker's residential address using the Online Foreign Workers Address Service (OFWAS) - at least an hour before requesting for the pass to be issued.
- Send the worker for a medical examination by a Singapore-registered doctor - within 2 weeks of arrival.
- Print and complete the Security Bond Form.
- For sole proprietorships and partnerships, the form should be signed by the sole proprietor or partner.
- For private limited companies, it should be signed by a directors who is registered with ACRA. If the director wishes to appoint an employee to sign the form, he must provide a written authorisation to MOM.
When: Within 2 weeks of arrival or scheduled date mentioned in the IPA
You need to get the Work Permit issued within this timeframe:
If the worker is
Issue the pass
A Malaysian or a foreign worker changing employer
On the date stated in the in-principle approval letter
From any other source
Within 2 weeks of arrival in Singapore
To request for the Work Permit to be issued:
- Log in to WP Online to make the request.
- Provide an address (home or office) where the card will be delivered.
- Nominate up to 3 authorised recipients to receive the card, and provide their IC/FIN/Passport number, mobile numbers and email address.
- Pay $30 for each Work Permit issued. You can pay by GIRO, Visa, MasterCard or eNETS debit.
- After the Work Permit is issued, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Is valid for 1 month from the date of issue. If you need to extend it because of other travel plans, send the request to us using iSubmit (Select option 7: Issuance and Renewal Matters).
- Should be given to the foreign worker. It allows them to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the Work Permit card.
- States if the worker needs to report to MOM Services Centre – Hall C to register fingerprints and photo.
When: Within 1 week after pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether the worker needs to register at MOM Services Centre – Hall C. If it is required, the worker needs to register within 1 week of issuing the Work Permit.
You must make an appointment for the worker to register.
For the appointment, the worker should bring:
- Original passport
- Appointment letter
- Notification letter
- Documents listed in the notification letter
When: 4 working days after registration
We will deliver the Work Permit card to the given address 4 working days after the worker registers and gets documents verified.
For workers who do not need to register, we will deliver the card 4 working days after verifying their documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before delivery.
You can also check the card delivery details in WP Online.
If card delivery fails
After unsuccessful deliveries, you'll have to collect the card at the service desk of
MOM Services Centre – Hall C.
You or an authorised person can collect the card 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don't need an appointment for collection.
Bring along these documents:
Return the old pass card
If the worker was already holding a pass for working or long-term stay in Singapore, you must return the old pass card.
For a work pass or long term pass issued by MOM, mail it back to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use the “card return” function in WP Online to:
- Check if we have received the card.
- Tell us why you are unable to return the card.
For a Special Pass or long term pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), return it to ICA. These include the Long Term Visit Pass and Student Pass.
You don't need to return a Disembarkation/Embarkation card (IMM27) to ICA.