At a glance
When to cancel
You need to cancel a Work Permit within 1 week if:
- The worker’s employment ends.
- The Work Permit expires.
Remember, once the work permit is cancelled, the worker cannot work, even if he is waiting to leave Singapore.
Who can cancel
Employer or appointed employment agency (EA).
How long it takes
Within 3 working days.
Follow these steps:
- Buy a travel ticket for worker to go home. For non-Malaysians, ensure that the scheduled departure date is within 1 week after employment ends.
- Cancel the Work Permit after the worker's last day of work. See how to cancel.
- We will continue to charge levy until one day before the Work Permit is cancelled.
- Settle all outstanding employment issues, such as paying of wages.
- Ensure the worker leaves as scheduled. For non-Malaysians, the security bond will be discharged only after we have verified that the worker has left Singapore, and that other conditions are met.
How to cancel
To cancel a Work Permit:
- Log in to WP Online and cancel the Work Permit.
- Print the acknowledgement letter and Special Pass. The Special Pass allows the worker to legally stay in Singapore before departing.
- Give the acknowledgement letter and Special Pass to the worker. The worker must give the Special Pass to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.
Return the card
You must return the original pass card within 1 week of cancellation by posting it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use the “card return” function on WP Online to:
- Check if we have received the card.
- Tell us why you are unable to return the card.