Skip to main content

Cancel an S Pass

You need to cancel an S Pass if the pass holder no longer works for you or the pass expires.

At a glance

When to cancel

You need to cancel an S Pass if:

  • The pass holder’s employment ends - you must cancel the pass within 1 week.
  • The S Pass expires.

Note: You don’t need to cancel the pass if the pass holder becomes a Singapore permanent resident. We will cancel it automatically.

Who can cancel Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How long it takes Cancellation is immediate.
When levy stops One day before cancellation.


  • Seek tax clearance from Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) at least one month before the pass holder leaves the job.
  • Buy the air ticket to send the S Pass holder home, unless the S Pass holder agrees otherwise in writing.
  • Cancel the S Pass only after the pass holder’s last day of work.
    If the pass holder’s last day of work is 1 August, you should cancel the S Pass on 2 August so that levy will only be charged until 1 August.
  • All related Dependant’s Passes, their Letter of Consent and Work Permit will also be cancelled.

How to cancel

To cancel a pass:

  1. Log in to EP Online and cancel the pass. Cancellation is immediate and a Short Term Visit Pass will be generated for the pass holder if the pass holder is still in Singapore.
  2. Give a copy of the cancellation acknowledgement letter and Short Term Visit Pass to the pass holder. The pass holder must give the STVP to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.

Return the card

You must return the original pass card within 1 week of cancellation by posting it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use EP Online’s “card return” function to:

  • Check if we have received the card.
  • Tell us why you are unable to return the card.