At a glance
When to cancel
You need to cancel an S Pass:
- Within 1 week after the pass holder’s employment ends.
- When it expires.
Note: You don’t need to cancel the S Pass if the pass holder becomes a Singapore permanent resident. We will cancel it automatically.
Who can cancel
Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How long it takes
Cancellation is immediate.
When levy stops
1 day before cancellation.
Note: When the S Pass is cancelled, all related Dependant’s Passes, Long Term Visit Passes and Work Permits will also be cancelled.
You need to:
- Seek tax clearance from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) at least 1 month before the pass holder leaves the job.
- Settle all outstanding employment issues, such as paying of salary.
- Buy an air ticket to send the pass holder home, unless the pass holder agrees otherwise in writing.
When to cancel
You must cancel the S Pass within 1 week after the last day of employment or when the S Pass expires.
If the pass holder’s last day of employment is 1 August, you should cancel the S Pass on 2 August so that levy will only be charged until 1 August.
How to cancel
To cancel a pass:
- Log in to EP Online and cancel the pass. Cancellation is immediate and a Short Term Visit Pass (STVP) will be generated if the pass holder is still in Singapore.
- Give a copy of the cancellation acknowledgement letter and STVP to the pass holder. The pass holder must give the STVP to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.
Return the card
You must return the original pass card within 1 week of the cancellation by posting it to Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use EP Online’s “card return” function to:
- Check if we have received the card.
- Tell us why you are unable to return the card.