Requirements for paying salary
If you employ S Pass holders, you need to:
- Pay their salaries electronically.
- Start electronic payments within 3 months after the S Pass is issued.
- Maintain a record of the salary payments.
Employer can be fined or prosecuted if they don't comply with these requirements. We may also take this into account when assessing future work pass applications.
Electronic payment methods
You can use these methods for paying S Pass salaries:
- General Interbank Recurring Order (GIRO) with your designated bank.
- Internet funds transfer.
- ATM funds transfer.
- Standing order.
- Funds transfer through bank counters.
Exemptions from electronic payments
You are exempted from electronic payment of salaries in these situations:
- The S Pass has been issued for 3 months or less.
- The wages are for the worker's last month of employment.
- The wages are for overtime work.