Work Permit (Foreign Domestic Worker) - Cancellation & Renewal
Cancellation of Work Permit
The employer will need to cancel the Foreign Domestic Worker's (FDW) Work Permit in the following circumstances:
- Upon termination of employment of the FDW within the Work Permit validity period; or
- When the Work Permit expires. (The scheduled departure date must be within the next seven days).
How to cancel the Work Permit
If the employer wishes to cancel the FDW's Work Permit, the employer or the authorised employment agent is required to submit a cancellation of Work Permit request through WP Online.
The employer will have to ensure that all issues arising from the employment, including outstanding wages have been settled with the worker before the cancellation of Work Permit. Failure to do so will result in possible rejections of subsequent Work Permit applications.
The employer or the authorised employment agency will be informed of the outcome through WP Online:
- On the same working day if the request was submitted before 8pm (Monday to Friday) or before 2pm (Saturday).
- On the next working day if the request was submitted after 8pm (Monday to Friday) or after 2pm (Saturday). Such requests will be considered as submissions on the next working day. The e-Cancellation service is not available on Sundays and Public Holidays.
WP Online also allows the cancellation of Work Permits that have expired, have been revoked or cancelled if the FDW is to be sent home. Payment can also be made online for overstaying fine using the online credit card, internet direct debit or GIRO.
Cancellation of Work Permit through WP Online is not available for FDW who needs to remain in Singapore as required by MOM’s Foreign Manpower Management Division.
Please approach MOM Services Centre for assistance.
After cancellation of Work Permit
When the cancellation request submitted through WP Online has been approved, the employer or the authorised employment agency has to:
- Print the cancellation acknowledgement letter (if applicable) and Special Pass (if applicable) through WP Online. The FDW has to surrender the Special Pass to the Immigration checkpoint officer at the point of departure if she is returning to her home country. The Security Bond (if applicable) for the FDW will be discharged after confirmation of her departure.
- Return the original Work Permit card within seven days from the date of Work Permit cancellation by mailing it to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
The levy will be charged till the eve of the cancellation date of the Work Permit.