Skip to main content

Certificate of suspension from hazardous work

If a medical examination shows that an employee should avoid further exposure to a hazard, a designated workplace doctor needs to submit a certificate of suspension.

At a glance

Who can submit Designated workplace doctor (DWD).
When to submit Immediately after a doctor’s assessment that the employee should not be exposed to the hazard.
What is needed
  • Workplace number, workplace name and address of the employer.
  • Laboratory or other test results where applicable.
Related eService Submit and manage medical examinations reports


You need the following:

  • Singpass
  • Corppass assigned with WSH eServices

Assign Corppass with WSH eServicesShow

If you’re using CorpPass, your Corppass admin or sub-admin must assign access to WSH eService to your Corppass account:

  1. Log in to Corppass.
  2. Go to the eService Access tab.
  3. Choose WSH eServices as one of your company’s eServices.
  4. Assign WSH eServices to your Corppass account.

Apply for Corppass if you don’t have one.

How to submit

You can submit the report online:

  1. Log in to WSH eService to submit the certificate of suspension.
  2. Provide all necessary info for the certificate of suspension.
  3. Print or save a copy of the certificate of suspension for your records. You should keep these records for at least 5 years.
  4. Give a copy of the certificate to the employer and the employee.

Save your work frequently. You can retrieve a saved draft submission and work on it later.