Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out what are the current work pass requirements.
Skip to main content

Certificate of fitness for hazardous work

If a medical examination shows that an employee who was previously removed from exposure is fit enough for hazardous work, a designated workplace doctor needs to submit a certificate of fitness before the employee can return to work. 

At a glance

Who can submit Designated workplace doctor (DWD).
When to submit After a doctor’s assessment that an employee is fit to return to hazardous work.
What is needed
  • Workplace number, workplace name and address of the employer
  • Laboratory or other test results where applicable.
Related eService

Submit and manage medical examinations reports


You will need the following:

  • SingPass
  • CorpPass assigned with WSH eServices

If you’re using CorpPass, your CorpPass admin or sub-admin must assign access to WSH eServices for your CorpPass account:

  • Log in to Submit and manage medical examinations reports.
  • Go to the eService Access tab.
  • Choose WSH eServices as one of your company’s eServices.
  • Assign WSH eServices to your CorpPass account.
Apply for CorpPass if you don’t have one.

How to submit

You can submit the certificate online:

  1. Log in to WSH eService to submit the certificate of fitness.
  2. Provide all the necessart info for the certificate of fitness.
  3. Print or save a copy of the certificate for your records. You should keep these records for at least 5 years.
  4. Give a copy of the certificate to the employer and the employee.
Save your work frequently. You can retrieve a saved draft submission and work on it later.