Skip to main content

Eligibility for Work and Holiday Visa Programme

The Work and Holiday Visa Programme is for eligible Australian students and graduates who want to work and holiday in Singapore for up to 12 months.

Who is eligible

You can apply for a Work Holiday Pass under the Work and Holiday Visa Programme if you meet these requirements:

  • You are an Australian citizen.
  • You are aged 18 to 30 at the time of application.
  • You hold a university degree, or have completed the equivalent of two years of full-time undergraduate university study.
The Work and Holiday Visa Programme has a capacity of 500 applicants at any one time.

Do's and don'ts

What you can do What you cannot do
  • Work as employees of companies registered with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
  • Work as employees of organisations registered with the Registry of Societies (ROS).
  • Work in professions (such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, architecture, law, etc), as long as you have the registration requirements to practise in Singapore.
  • Cannot take up free-lance employment.
  • Cannot work with the same employer for more than 6 months. You can choose to find another employer after that, or spend the rest of the time holidaying.
  • Cannot study or train for more than 4 months. This includes internships, part-time or full-time courses, and on job training.