Skip to main content

Cancel a Dependant's Pass for Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass holders

If you no longer need your Dependant’s Pass, you need to cancel it within 1 week before your departure. You can then be issued a Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) to allow you to stay in Singapore before your departure. Once cancelled, please cut the pass card in half and discard it to prevent misuse.

At a glance

When to cancel the pass

Dependant's Pass (DP) holder plans to leave Singapore and stay in another country/region. 


  • If you are cancelling the work pass holder’s pass, the DPs for the family members will be cancelled at the same time. You will not be able to reinstate them
  • Once the DP is cancelled, any related Letter of Consent or Work Permit will also be cancelled.
  • If the DP holder becomes a Singapore permanent resident, you do not need to cancel your pass. It will be cancelled automatically.
Who can cancel Overseas Network & Expertise Pass holder or employment agency on behalf of pass holder
How long it takes Within 3 business days from submitting the cancellation request

How to cancel

  1. The Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass holders or employment agency can submit a cancellation request using our online form.
  2. If the DP is still in Singapore, you can request for a 90-day STVP when a cancellation request is submitted. Please print out the STVP and show it and a valid passport to the immigration officer when leaving Singapore.