The Letter of Consent (LOC) allows eligible LTVP/LTVP+ holders to work in Singapore if they find a job here.
Who is eligible
To be eligible for a Letter of Consent, you need to be one of the following:
- An LTVP/LTVP+ holder who is married to a Singaporean or PR.
- An unmarried child (under 21 years old) of a Singaporean or PR, who holds an LTVP.
The LTVP/LTVP+ has to be valid for at least 3 months, and you must have a job offer with a Singapore employer.
You are not allowed to work in objectionable occupations such as a dance hostess.
Who can apply
The employer or appointed employment agent can apply for the LOC. You can only begin working after the employer has received the LOC.
Duration of the pass
The duration granted for the pass is based on the earlier of these:
- What the employer indicated in the LOC application.
- The expiry date of the LTVP/LTVP+.
The LOC stops being valid when:
- The LTVP/LTVP+ is cancelled or expires.
- You are no longer employed by the company. The employer still needs to cancel the LOC.