Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

What should I do if I decide not to hire a worker after getting in-principle approval for the Work Permit?

If you no longer need to employ the worker, you should cancel the in-principle approval (IPA).

If you’re cancelling your FDW’s IPA, you can cancel it online.

If you're a business employer cancelling your foreign worker’s IPA, you can do it using WP Online.

Cancellation is immediate. There will be an overstaying fine if the worker overstays.

As an employer, you can cancel the IPA even though someone else (e.g. the employment agency) had submitted the Work Permit application. You can also view cancellation requests that were not submitted by you.