There are many situations where it is necessary to exercise due diligence and check that a work pass is valid:
|If you are
|Work pass holder
||Check your work pass from time to time to make sure it is not prematurely cancelled.
|Premise owner or main contractor
||Ensure workers entering your building or worksite have valid work passes.
|Landlord renting room to foreigner
||Ensure that the prospective tenant is in Singapore legitimately.
How to check work pass card
You should personally inspect the original Work Permit, Employment Pass or S Pass card by doing the following:
- Check that the photo matches the pass holder.
- Inspect the two holographic lenses:
- One should reflect the pass holder’s image.
- The other, when tilted at an angle, should show:
- FIN for Employment Pass holders
- Work pass number for Work Permit or S Pass holders
- Check that the pass card matches the design of the MOM issued passes.
- Check that the details on the card matches the pass holder’s original passport.
Even if you are satisfied that the card is genuine, you should still check its validity to ensure that it has not been cancelled.
How to check validity
You may check the pass validity using the following: