Skip to main content
Service is online

24 hours

At a glance

Who can apply

Employers or company representatives.

Note: A Corppass account is required to transact with MOM. Apply for a Corppass account if you don’t have one. More info.

How long to complete form 20 to 30 minutes.
When to apply At least 2 months before start of FWS.
How long it takes

At least 3 months.

May take longer if:

  • Interviews have to be conducted.
  • Information provided is incorrect or incomplete.

What do I need to do before I apply?Show

A Corppass account is required to transact with MOM. Apply for a Corppass account If you don’t have one.

Your Corppass admin or sub-admin must assign your Corppass account:

  1. Log in to Corppass.
  2. Go to eService Access tab.
  3. Choose Employment Standards Online (ESOL) as one of your company’s eServices.
  4. Assign Employment Standards Online (ESOL) eService to your Corppass account.

Before applying, you must do the following:

  • Ensure that your employees will continue to receive their monthly basic salary while working less than their contractual hours.
  • Have a good track record in safety and health, and ensure your employees will not be subjected to hazardous work environment.
  • Observe the maximum 12 hours daily working limit and monthly 72 hours overtime limit.
  • Get consent from more than 50% of your affected employees or seek consent from the union in the case of unionised companies.
  • Put in place a profit sharing or incentive scheme for your employees who participate in the flexible work schedule.

I already have Corppass account. How do I check if I can access this eService?Show

  1. Log in to your Corppass account.
  2. Go to Assigned eServices tab. You should see Employment Standards Online (ESOL) listed as one of your assigned eServices.

If Employment Standards Online (ESOL) is not listed as one of your assigned eServices, please ask your Corppass admin or sub-admin to assign the eService to you.

What documents and information do I need before I apply?Show

You must download and complete this form:

You must also provide the following details:

  • Company particulars
  • Nature of company’s business including information pertaining to the business activities of your company.
  • Reason(s) why flexible work schedule is needed and to provide supporting information relating to your company’s operations, products and services that are seasonal of fluctuating in nature, and thus requires flexible work schedules.
  • Date of implementation of flexible work schedule
  • Name of Union, if your company is unionised.
  • Written agreement / consent from the union(s) or affected employees (in the case of non-unionised companies) to support the flexible work scheme. The agreement / consent should indicate that the scheme has been clearly explained and communicated to the affected employees.
  • Latest copy of employment contract or letter of appointment signed by your employee.
    Note: Ensure that key employment terms are indicated in the employment contract.
  • Pay slips and time records of 5 employees for the most recent 6 months, combined to a single PDF file.
  • Detailed proposal of scheme, including information such as:
    • Percentage of overtime cost over your company’s total manpower cost.
    • Average overtime earnings over a period of time (e.g. 6 months or 1 year).
    • Contractual working hours and days per week, specifying any rest period or any period which the worker is not required to work under certain circumstances.
    • Monthly, two monthly or quarterly roster.
    • Annual leave entitlement.
    • The required notice period for termination of employment and formula in calculating the salary in lieu of notice.
    • Date where payment for overtime work would be made to your employees.
    • Profit sharing or incentive scheme for your affected employees.
    • Opt out procedures or forms

Find out more about flexible work schedule.