Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out what are the current work pass requirements.
Skip to main content

Who is entitled to CPF contributions

If you are an employee and are a Singaporean or Singapore permanent resident, you areĀ entitled to CPF contributions from your employer.

CPF contributions are payable when there is an employer-employee relationship, i.e. a contract of service.

Employers are required to pay both the employer and employee’s share of CPF contributions every month. They are entitled to recover the employee’s share from the employee’s wages.

CPF contributions are payable for Singapore citizens (SCs) and Singapore permanent residents (SPRs) who are:

  • Working in Singapore under a contract of service.
  • Employed under a permanent, part-time or casual basis.

However, if the employee is an SC or SPR working overseas, CPF contributions are not mandatory.

For information on CPF contributions, see the Employers Guide to CPF. You can also email the CPF Board at employer@cpf.gov.sg if you require any assistance.