Eligibility for an employment agency licence
Check the criteria to see if you are eligible to apply for an employment agency licence. You can also use the EA Self-Assessment Tool to check your eligibility for a new licence.
To be eligible for an employment agency (EA) licence, you must meet these minimum criteria:
- Be a Singapore citizen or permanent resident at the point of application.
- Hold one of the following positions in your organisation, as registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA):
- Owner (for sole-proprietorship and partnership)
- Managing director and director (for company)
- Partner (for limited liability partnership)
- General partner (for limited partnership)
- Have one of the following principal activities, as registered with ACRA:
- Maid Agencies (SSIC 78103)
- Employment Agencies (excluding maid agencies) (SSIC 78104)
- Executive Search Agencies (SSIC 78105)
- Not be an undischarged bankrupt.
- Not have any previous convictions anywhere for dishonesty or human trafficking (particularly under Women's Charter, Children and Young Persons Act, Penal Code, Immigration Act, Employment Agencies Act and Employment of Foreign Manpower Act).
- Not be a director of or involved in managing an employment agency whose licence was revoked.
Check your eligibility