In view of the COVID-19 situation, there’s no need to visit MOM Services Centre for advisory and transaction services. If you’ve made an appointment with us, we will contact you instead. Our eServices, web chat and hotline remain available. We encourage customers to visit our website for the latest updates, including changes to our work pass services during the Circuit Breaker period.
Skip to main content

Who needs to get an employment agency licence

Organisations and individuals who place job seekers with employers must get an employment agency licence to operate in Singapore, unless otherwise stated.

You must get an employment agency (EA) licence if you or your organisation does any of the following:

  • Communicates with any jobseeker for the purpose of processing any employment-related application by that jobseeker.
  • Collates the biodata or resume of any jobseeker for the purpose of helping the jobseeker establish an employer-employee relationship.
  • Submits any work pass application on behalf of any employer or jobseeker.
  • Helps place any jobseeker with an employer.
You must first be licensed before carrying out any or all of the abovementioned activities in Singapore, regardless of whether the jobseekers are placed in jobs in Singapore or overseas.

When a licence is not needed

A licence is not required when:

  • Recruiting persons for the sole purpose of employing them for your own company or business.
  • Outsourcing your own staff to your customers' premises or offices.


The following do not require an EA licence:

  • Wholly web-based job portals.
  • Organisations and individuals who maintain and operate any job bulletin board and who do not otherwise carry out any matching or placement.
  • Organisations who submit work pass applications and who do not otherwise carry out any matching or placement.
  • Recognised universities or educational institutions.
  • Community Development Councils.
  • Employment and Employability Institute Pte Ltd.
  • SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG)

To find out more about licence exemptions, refer to the: