Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

Do I need to have an office to operate an employment agency?

No, you are not required to have an office to operate an employment agency (EA). However, you must obtain approval from the relevant authorities to use any premises to operate an EA. Examples include the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) for private residential premises, and HDB for Housing Board flats.

Nonetheless, MOM reserves the right to step in for exceptional cases (e.g. if sharing premises with an objectionable trade such as a massage parlour or KTV lounge).