Who is eligible
The Employment Pass is for foreign professionals who:
- Have a job offer in Singapore.
- Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job.
- Earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $3,600 (more experienced candidates need higher salaries).
- Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialist skills.
Application for an Employment Pass is open to all nationalities.
Use the Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) to check if the candidate qualifies for the pass.
Note on salaries:
- Young graduates from good institutions can qualify if they earn at least $3,600.
- Older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries to qualify.
Note on acceptable qualifications:
- We don't have a list of approved institutions. Instead, we evaluate each application on its own merit, based on a wide range of criteria such as global and country rankings, and enrolment standards.
- Candidates without acceptable qualifications may not necessarily be rejected. Similarly, having acceptable qualifications does not guarantee approval.
- We look at other factors such as proven track records and exceptional skill sets on a case-by-case basis.
We encourage you to use the Self-Assessment Tool (SAT) to get an indication of whether a candidate meets the Employment Pass requirements. Candidates can also use the tool to assess their eligibility.
If the SAT shows that the candidate is not eligible, you shouldn't apply for the Employment Pass because it will be rejected.
If the SAT shows that the candidate is eligible, there is around a 90% chance that the candidate will get a pass.
Who can apply
As part of the Fair Consideration Framework, you may be required to advertise your job opening on the Jobs Bank before you can submit an Employment Pass application. The advertisement must be open to Singaporeans and run for at least 14 days. If you make major changes to your advertisement during this time, you must extend it for another 14 days.
Read the full requirements.
An employer or authorised third party has to apply for a candidate's Employment Pass.
If you are an overseas employer that does not have a registered office in Singapore:
- You need to get a Singapore-registered company to act as a local sponsor and apply on your behalf.
- The local sponsor must apply manually.
The candidate will still need to meet the Employment Pass criteria.